Reasons to call your local law enforcement for domestic abuse support



As I was driving through the Tulsa area this morning, didn't know I would see/hear a domestic

dispute in the middle of the street!

Since I was in the next lane, I got an earful with my windows all the way up (hey, it's still kind of

winter here).

Wow, I was shocked hearing the yelling and cussing and saw meaningless profane gestures at a

stoplight (initially, didn't realize it was a domestic dispute). Someone even stepped out of the car with

 radical body moves, and I was just hoping my doors were locked (yes, they were). *Scary*

Immediately, I called 911. If you ever witness something like this, please call the police.

I was not able to stay in the area as I had someone with me on the way to take them somewhere.

Of course, all these type situations vary, and you never know who has what going on, if there are

weapons you do not see, or how hostile the situation.
 
It's a good rule of thumb to call the police, whether you think it is super dangerous or not, call them.

The role for law enforcement is crucial while they work the front lines- I'm sure you know how well

trained and educated they are to handle any situation, especially domestic abuse.

Some people are easily intimidated and concerned with police officers thinking they will not receive

proper justice, or as www.healthtalk.org mentions a person feels that is no "understanding or person

is not taken seriously" while others feel entirely opposite about law enforcement.

I understand from www.healthtalk.org that several women are encouraged to keep a "secret diary" of

their partner's abusive behavior, to use for evidence.

Which, if you can create a book logging all the different times, dates, occurrences, and any other

pertinent information, do it. Your chances to part with the leash and get the respect you deserve are

optimal. Others should believe you anyway, however, unfortunately, occurrences do not always line

 up for whatever reason, and discussions don't mesh.

Reasons to rely on officers:


  • Rapid response system
  • Provide mobile communication lines (phones)
  • Personal attack alarms
  • Security locks
  • ‘Marker' on the house

(www.healthtalk.org)

Psalm 34:10 Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing

1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and his strength; Seek his presence continually

WomenEmpowermentSolutions-freedom from domestic violence

Comments

Popular Posts