Ten big ones and counting


Today is my wedding bliss.

There is a life filled with hope and happiness for all who have had previous abusive relationships.

Today, I celebrate ten years married to my Max.

We dated for one full year before we married.

I am sharing this with you because it's important to know you can have a happy life after having dealt

 with domestic violence.

Before I met my present spouse, I was sheltered and condemned for stupid stuff. Called names which

I didn't deserve. Probably one of the roughest areas I've had to face is sharing some of the hurts I

endured with one of my children (who is mature enough to hear the stories now).

Opening- up to my now grown child about the hurts, scars, blows, and wounds withstood (there's

probably a better word to use than this) for such a period- of time.

I know they don't understand why I respond in specific ways about certain things, and sometimes I

just open up about the past so they get a better grip of who I am and what I am about and why I

respond in the way I do, whatever that may look like.

At times, I cry. The flood oozes down my cheeks as I talk about the horrific happenings from years

ago. Then, quickly do they dry as I am embraced with hugs and Kleenex, and, remembering where I

am today.

I am thankful for my husband today. He is strong; mentally and physically. He has a great sense of

humor, which is an excellent attribute for a husband. Best, he never is abusive and is quite respectful.

Thankfully, my life has changed considerably, and I am married to someone who values me. Praise

God for a new beginning!

 I encourage you today, life gets better! You can change the course of your ship. Courage is in your

virtue.

If you are thinking about remarrying after years of domestic violence past, you can certainly get to

that point.

I would say healing is super essential and as well as forgiveness- forgiving yourself.

Now, I'm going to celebrate all year, not just today! God bless.

Women Empowerment Solutions-freedom from domestic violence

Comments

Popular Posts