Groundbreaking normal recognition numbers and questions




Walking across the house, Terry heard derogatory language come from the television.
She said, "what did that person say?"
Her daughter answered "what do you think? Come on mom this is normal, that is how everyone
talks."

So, let's take a minute here and discuss what's "normal" to you? The same kind of behavior
(which may be toxic) maybe what you like or don't want to hear or not hear, or even actions
inflicted or not at all.
There is not a single person I know who likes to be cursed at or, who wants to hear someone else be sworn at. How does that make you feel? For most people, it leaves a bad taste in their mouth.
What's reasonable to you, you may have been surrounded by toxic behavior for a while now and
think that it's normal when it vulgar, detesting, and nothing you should continue to stay with.

Recovery is a process, nothing to play around with and you can very well beat the odds, the choice is up to you.
Anatole France says it best here: "all changes, even the longest for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into
another!
If you don't understand this quote, I would say to read the books in the Bible, and it discusses this topic to help you. Sometimes, the Bible can look like a big algebra problem, you have all these different parts of the equation to get to the sum. You must search for the answer and work the problem. With the Bible, you read, and words and phrases pop out to you, then, you look up something else, and as you practice this method, the answer becomes distinctly clear to you.

Other areas you can practice:
I deserve freedom from mental anguish
I can say no to what I do not like or want.
I do not have to take it.
I am an important human being.
I am a worthwhile person.
I deserve to be treated with respect.
I have power over my own life.
I can use my power to take good care of myself.
I can decide for myself what is best for me.
I can make changes in my life if I want to.
I am not alone; I can ask others to help me.
I am worth working for and changing for.
I deserve to make my own life safe and happy.
I can count on my creativity and resourcefulness.
(Evans, P. The Verbally Abusive Relationship. Massachusetts: Adams Media, 2010, p. 150)

Women Empowerment Solutions-freedom from domestic violence

Psalm 100:1-5 (King James Version)

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.


Comments

Popular Posts