Legal Thinking; Protect and Empower Yourself


Seeking Legal Assistance

Questions to ask before you hire an attorney
  • Have you or any members of your firm ever represented my partner or anyone else associated with my partner?
  • Do you handle divorce or custody cases?
  • How many of these cases have you handled?
  • How many of them were contested?
  • How many of them went to trial?
  • Did any of these cases involve an expert witness?
  • How many were before the judge who will hear my case?
  • What kind of decisions does this judge usually make?
  • Have you ever appealed a case, and if so, what were the issue(s) appealed?
  • How many of these appealed cases did you win? (Keep in mind that even an excellent attorney will lose a case.)
Questions about attorney fees and costs
  • What are your fees? What work do these fees cover? Is this an hourly fee or a flat fee for the entire case?
  • Is there an additional charge for appearing in court?
  • Do you ever charge less for people who do not have much money?
  • Do you charge a retainer? How much? What does it cover? Do you refund all or part of the retainer if my case ends up being dropped or not taking much time? (Attorneys should be willing to refund any part of the retainer not spent.)
 These questions are in depth and on purpose.

Be on purpose about your identity, your plan, your empowerment to a better life.
 Today, we live in a time where there are plentiful of resources, 800 numbers, shelter to take cover- some of them don't always have room and it depends on certain circumstances or the dynamics,
but, it's good to know that there are resources where one could go and be filled with knowledge of what to ask. How to obtain what you need and be filled to the full with questions to ask and the right answers, supplies, and amo (if you will) to help armor you with domestic violence intervention.

Keep raising your levels, you are on the right track. Stay focused and lose all the distractions. Everything is going to work out, I am living proof!

Credit for the questions go out to NCADV.org. I wanted to bring these to your attention in case you weren't aware of what to ask since you have a lot that you are probably thinking about.

Additionally, if you have any thoughts, questions, comments or would just like to give me feedback about the webpage or blog, maybe information you'd like to see or something that I need to cover, feel free to message me and share with me how Women Empowerment Solutions can be more servicing to you. You can reach me on facebook, just message me, or contact me through this webpage. I will get back with you as soon as I can.

Women Empowerment Solutions







Thanks goes out to NCADV.org for the questions above.

Comments

Popular Posts