Series- Domestic Violence Awareness Month Has Moving Parts Part I

 






The dietician is overwhelmed by what is consumed here-but we'll take a look and then see how to eradicate it.

First, recognizing what is going on in your own household. You can't see all the dust, it settles in every location in your home from shame, guilt, resentment, disappointments, anger, and keeps going.

It's not the regular day-to-day dust you'd see on the furniture, oh no! It's dust you cannot see with your natural eye.

The piles lurk in the corner, and other times, on you!

For me, a person had to come and "tell me" ...what was going on over 20 years ago- I did not know. I was on the inside- not seeing the wide shot like a photographer or onlooker would see.

The discovery doesn't feel so great for the receiver or the sender. As an example, you go to the dressing room with a very nice outfit, turns out, it does not fit at all, no match, nada {an illustration when you try on clothing you like so much, but it will not work for you no matter what, and you know it}.

After the discovery, you think what are you going to do now?

Do you have money, a place to go? This is where many women get stuck like a mouse on a glue trap struggling to get out, yet nothing happens and you sit there, and sit there, and sit there....

You can see the days on the calendar slip away and you feel hopeless. 

Hopelessness has cousins: regret, discouragement, resentment, shame, guilt. The kids can see all of it. They are very receptive. They know when mommy hurts. They have eyes to see. They sense with their senses. They also see with the eyes of their hearts as they are connected and know, very discerning. They haven't lived 30 years plus or minus as adults, but they do know.

We can see, as community, the numerous red flags doting around, don't we? Or may not.

We see them in "posts" while online about people needing items for their kids- and granted, these aren't always DV cases, but many are.

The custody cases are yelling from a large stretch from Washington state to New York, yes, coast-to-coast.

The tones of voice and eye contact are not where they should be. It is hard to rejoice in everything like Philippians 4 mentions when you see and feel sadness, but James 1 tells us to count it all as joy. Domestic violence is not joy, but the other side of it surely is- when you are aware, know the signs, red flags, especially trust in God as the shiny silver quarter reflects- He shows the way because He is the way, the only way.

The first prayer of recovery here I suggest a cleansing of your home and yourself. bathe in these prayers daily throughout the day- even if you don't feel like it, you will feel the difference. We will touch upon more of the awareness throughout the month of October.

Cleansing Prayers

Lord, place me under the waterfall of Your love. Wash me with Your refreshing waters. Wash aways all the burden-bearing, attachments, transferences, defilements and retaliation and any other ungodly thing that would try to weigh me down, wear me out or steal from me. Wash it all away and refresh me with Your love.

Father, I give this person, situation or encounter, all of it- every piece and every part to You. You are the answer Lord. You are the Greater One. I declare my faith in You, waiting on You. Father, I ask that you only give back to me what You have called me to carry, even if that is nothing at all, that's fine with me.


Forgiveness Prayer

Lord, I forgive___________,

Lord, I give You permission to take the judgement and bitterness out of my life. I do not want this in my life. I surrender it to You and ask You to remove it, to heal me where I have been wounded, to forgive me where I have sinned. I choose not to blame or hold the actions of others against them. I hereby surrender my right to be paid back for my loss by the one who has wounded me, or who has sinner against me. In so doing, I declare my trust in God alone, as the Righteous Judge.

Father God, bless________in every way. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


(when you are ready to forgive whomever, here is a helpful prayer for forgiving).


Women Empowerment Solutions, empowering women against domestic abuse through Biblical principles.

If you like the content, consider signing up for our newsletters, connect with us on FB and LI, also check out WomenEmpowermentSolutionsdotorg- lots of resources, encouragement, and more you will find.

Additionally, if you are interested in copy particularly for this themed area in fundraising, radio copy, and campaigns, give us a shout!

James 4:7





Comments

Popular Posts