Standing Up and Overcoming

I don't watch a whole lot of television, however, after watching a recent episode of 20/20 Friday evening, November 18, 2016, I was impressed with what Journalist, Gretchen Carlson had to say- I call it, 'Standing Up and Overcoming'.

Though she is a high profile journalist, a former Miss America and an all around multi-talented woman, she simply broke free from sexual harassment-according to her interview, she'd been dealing with it for quite some time.

How many women have dealt with this over time? Yes, many. And whether a high-profile journalist (I understand there's a few, not just her), a celebrity, the every day woman taking care of her family and cameras not on her daily, does not matter.

Some stand out phrases from the interview with a combination from Carlson, a human resources representative and a couple of women that I want to share with you in case you did not see it:

  •  She mentioned standing up for herself "came with time." 
  • Also mentioned regarding work situations come to "he said/she said."
  • "Document, Document, Document."
  • "Finding another job shouldn't have to be part of the solution."
  • "Don't share about suing a company....HR is paid by the company."
  • "Blame--what did I do to ignite this?"
  • So...why don't we say anything (speak up about sexual harrassment...or domestic violence) "judging-accused of making it up."
  • "Situations- are they believed or is this person a trouble maker."
I believe these are important to share with my audience. Things you should know about that are not a secret, it's really a matter of ethics and integrity, self-worth, confidence to name a few.

Women Empowerment Solutions is here to build you up, encourage you, motivate you with solutions to prosper you from domestic violence. Education, intervention, prevention is so important.

I hope these tidbits help you or someone you know. Standing up for what you believe in and overcoming, you will see great results. I understand that Carlson is taking this to legislation and making some "noise", good for her and good for ALL women!

Respond to this and any of my blogs-via facebook or the website.


Comments

Popular Posts