How IS Time IS Like a Budget?

 

Yes, you read it correctly.

Here is a speech I created recently to give you an idea about what time means and how you can implement it better in your life, empowering the woman in you. Whether this is for you, someone you might know, please share with others to highlight areas to improve, we all work at it daily.

The Stones time Waits for No One and it Will Not Wait for any of us.

Hello Friends,

Time means everything from back in history to present day. Our schedules are packed, and we are working with the same 24 hours.  Here are some management techniques and tools to empower your day for the better.

First, plan ahead

 Christmas is on the way. Some action points are to write your Christmas gift ideas with a budget and a list of whom you would like to purchase for.

For those coming from domestic violence situations are starting over, Christmas is the last thing on your mind and a stark reminder of a hurtful past. I know all too well, it was a tough time for me the first time I started "over." A few years shy of 40, I felt like I was 18 again trying to find my way. It was aches and pains with each step, especially when Christmas came. It took me years to move forward and finally try to enjoy Christmas again, even with those whom I love so much. The trauma of yester-year had to be power-washed so I would not be "stuck

Time -blocking is another super tool for high level productivity, like a nutrition bar. All the ingredients or activities of your day are there, we just need to put them in block timing on paper with am hours of work and projects to the afternoon with lunch and friends and with evening breaks, prayer time, family and other items you wish to focus.

Penning bullet points on sheets of paper or in block-time with a list of to do’s prioritizing what is most important and no bullet points for maybe’s or possibilities. When I worked at the radio stations, bullet points were how I prioritized national and local spots and differentiating the two.

Managing Distractions, knowing where and when to say “no” to the “shiny gold objects.” They look fun and are intriguing but take you from importance steps in accomplishing your goals, they are not within boundaries. An example: When I am working from home, a sweet young lady in my neighborhood is notorious for bringing me homemade cookies, cheesecake bites, and asking if she can take my dog for a walk. While the treats and getting my dog out are nice, they are time consuming distractions; I have timed them.

Speaking of clock, Track Your Time. Know “how” your spending your hours- time is like a clock checkbook, it is crucial to our daily goals, passions, and especially our futures, whatever we do today is our tomorrow. To recap, keeping these strategies: Planning ahead, time-blocking, bullet points, managing distractions, and tracking time will optimize your daily fruitfulness and money because as the Rolling Stones say it best, “time waits on no one.”

 

 



Comments

Popular Posts